Dogs at Lake Dora

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tough couple of days...

Well it has not been a good time here lately. The last of my lambs were all born on Friday. Two sets of twins and a single with some malformations. I really did not think the single was going to make it, and he still may not. He started to stand finally on Monday evening. Today he is walking around and trying to find moms milk, still pretty wobbly but I never thought he'd walk so that is a miracle. The other two ewes... one can only count to one, she has a great bag but no time for a lamb she doesn't remember having! GRRRRR The second ewe was cast upside down against a fence (don't ask how I have NO idea!) I am guessing she was there about two hours as the lambs were somewhat cleaned up, but after the stress of lambing for her she is only just getting milk in to feed both these babies. Now that we are done I have a total of 11 (plus the malformed one) and only 2 ewe lambs:-( I was really hoping for more ewe lambs so I could build my flock, oh well at least most of them are healthy.
My computer at home died on Sat so no pics until I figure something out there.
Also the well burned up on Friday night so no water for the weekend! The neighbors were nice enough to let us hook up to them for the weekend, its now fixed after lots of $$.
Lastly the worst news of all... My little Brenn died this weekend in a tragic accident. We are all just devastated that he is gone, there are just no words...
It just has to get better doesn't it??

8 comments:

  1. It does sound like it has been a rough one. I hope things settle down and while good thoughts cant change rams lambs to ewe lambs, here are some good wishes that the babies all do well. Also, so sorry about Brenn, she was a cute little one. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-

    So very sorry about little Brenn. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry about Brenn. That is just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. how awful. I am so sorry about Brenn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy, I am so sorry. What a terrible shock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a couple of year's worth of bad events in the past few days -- it does have to get better. . . . sending good thoughts and a hug. Oh, and Chase sends a face lick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I wish I could give you a big hug. My tears are flowing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tigger is so very sad to hear about cousin Brenn. He sends major face licks and a snuggle ...

    ReplyDelete