Dogs at Lake Dora

Monday, November 4, 2013

Sunday began in Hell and ended somewhere closer to Heaven

Really one of those hard days you can't appreciate until you've had some sleep!
Rosy woke me up at 1:30am uncomfy but it just felt off.  I made the decision to take her to the ER, difficult family issues last week put the related vet off limits:-( So off we went at 2am... an exam later and they said well you can take her home and wait.  Um...NO this girl needs a section NOW, thankfully they listened I'm sure the slow night and high cost of my bill had some say in the matter!  So we thankfully left the clinic at 7am with 8 beautiful healthy babies and a very tired Rosy.
Here comes the WTH were you thinking Amy???:-) So I signed up to do the Tough Mudder race back in April this year and yup, you guessed it Sunday was the day.  So do I let brother and sister down and bail?  Of course not, though it was a very real option at 5am!  To say I was exhausted is an understatement.  I ran home dropped mom and babies to stay with my mom and was back out the door.  We barely made it on time and got to the start line just in time.
Me, brother and sister - Pre race
We finished 12 miles and the many obstacles, I think there were somewhere around 25 in 3hr and 15 min!  Better than I was hoping for:-)  So glad I did it and faced some of the fear, I'm still not a fan of electricity!  Wish you could have seen us about 10 mins into the race after walking 1/2 mile in cow crap mud soup!  YUCKY.
So pics of pups coming soon, tomorrow I promise!  They are beautiful and Rosy has become a wonderful mommy.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, ELECTRICITY???? So happy you finished, and so happy Rosy and babies are OK. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete